For additional information, please fill out the information request form.
Portable Systems available as backpacks, vest-packs, briefcases, handhelds or user specified custom packaging.
All of our man portable systems may be configured with various sizes of detectors depending upon the sensitivity and weight preferences of the user. Various sensors and configurations can be accommodated. Neutron sensors available include 3He or 6Li glass fiber. Gamma ray sensors available include: PVT plastic scintillator for gross gamma and optional NaI(Tl) or CsI(Tl). The optional spectroscopic detectors are used to provide radionuclide identification.
Whatever the situation, whatever the detection technology used, Nucsafe can provide the BEST technology appropriate for the application. No matter the environment, reliable measurements may be taken while the system is in motion or in noisy or harsh environments. The Guardian Predator® and Guardian Predator® Backpack’s components are enclosed in a waterproof and shockproof. Furthermore, these systems offer functionality of a larger system with a total weight of approximately 20 pounds.
Some features include:
- Integrated wireless operation integrated to communicate to a ruggedized PDA or reach-back
- Covert operation; vibration- or audible-only discreet alarm
- GIS mapping on PDAs, tablets and Windows notebook PC’s
- Gamma spectroscopy (optional)
Portable systems capable of detecting the presence of both neutron and gamma-ray emitting radionuclides can be provided in a briefcase, backpack, vestpack, or ccustomer defined configurations. These systems are ideal for inspections of facilities, emergency response teams and search and recovery of weapons and material. The design is scalable so larger systems with even greater sensitivity are available on request.
The user is alerted of an alarm in number of ways, the system provides visible, audible and vibration alarm modes that can be turned on or off by a user. The systems also provide graphical and numeric output on an LCD displaying important parameters including gross neutron and gamma ray counts per second, a hysteresis of the counts from each type of radiation, alarm level, battery life and system messages.
Data may be output via wireless network to a reach-back or an optional PDA. Furthermore, data can be logged to an on-board USB drive. This data, in ANSI 42.42 format, can be analyzed post mission or sent back to a nuclear expert for analysis.
All of the data acquisition, alarm control and sensor control are internal to the instrument. However, an optional ruggedized PDA can be used as an option.
The systems offer visual and audible indicators of an alarm and keep a time record of the count rates for each channel. Multiple energy regions of interest can be set for the gamma-ray data to find specific nuclides. Optional GPS data can be added to the log file.
- Modular System Electronics
- Totally Portable
- User definable Alarm Thresholds
- Neutron Detectors: 3He or Glass Fiber
- Gamma Gross Counting Detector: PVT
- Multiple ROI Gamma Energy Intervals
- Gamma ROI Check for Shielded Neutrons
- Over Sampling of Data Intervals
- Multiple Integration Times
- Integrated ARMCore Processor with Linux OS
- Integrated GPS
- Simple Operation
- Rechargeable Battery Powered: >20 hours Operation
- CE Certified
- Tested to ANSI 42.43
- Universal AC/DC Chargers
- 1-Year Manufacturers Warranty
- Automatic Gamma Sensor Calibration
- Graphical Data Presentation
- Independent SW Settable Alarm Levels
- Moving Average Background Calculation
- Peak Detect Alarm Calculation
- Push Button Operation
- On the fly spectroscopy
- ANSI 42.42 Log Data File and communication format
- User Defined Alarm Conditions
- Gamma Spectroscopy Detectors (optional): NaI(Tl), CsI(Tl)
- Ruggedized PDA display
- Wireless Communication:802.11b/g or Bluetooth